The Museum of American Porcelain Art is proud to share a collection of some of the finest porcelain artists in American between the mid-late 20th century. One such artist was Edward Marshall Boehm.
Born in Baltimore, Maryland in 1913 and orphaned at a young age, he was enrolled in an all-boys school for the poor, and later studied animal husbandry. After serving in WWII, he apprenticed with sculptor Herbert Haseltine and taught himself the ancient and difficult process of porcelain making. Boehm married Helen Franzolin in 1944, and the couple opened the Edward Marshall Boehm Studio in Trenton, New Jersey in 1950.
The significance of Boehm’s contributions to the legacy of American porcelain art cannot be overstated. The Boehm studio became pre-eminent in the world of porcelain, especially in its representation of wildlife, and was recognized by world leaders as one of America’s finest treasures. Boehm porcelain is displayed around the world, and has been gifted to U.S. Presidents, Popes, and Royalty.
The Museum of American Porcelain Art is proud to have the largest collection of Edward Marshall Boehm porcelains in the world.