The William E. Telling Mansion
MAPA is housed in the magnificent William E. Telling mansion, known and cherished by many in the community as the former South Euclid-Lyndhurst branch of the Cuyahoga County Public Library system.
Built in 1928 on the site of the Telling family farm, the building is a mix of English Tudor and French Normandy and is one of the finest examples of early 20th century architecture that came to define Cleveland at that time. The home was the first air-cooled residence in the area and included a greenhouse, an aviary for exotic birds, a mushroom cellar, and a conservatory for tropical plants.
This historic site provides an exquisite setting for the art within it. We are honored to share this beloved building with our community, and we strive to make it a welcoming and enriching space for members and visitors.